Home Open Account Help 204 users online

Steam & Excursion > EBT South End Track Restoration Launched

Date: 03/16/24 10:12
EBT South End Track Restoration Launched
Author: pt199

Work has begun to rebuild the track of the East Board Top narrow gauge railroad in Pennsylvania on its south end.
Trains magazine reported on its website that the work is a step toward the reopening of 20 miles of track to Robertsdale, Pennsylvania.
The track being restored has been without trains since the original EBT shut down in 1956. It will be the last segment of the historic coal-hauling railroad to be restored.

A mile of the south end of the EBT was previous restored for use by track cars and light work trains.
In an unrelated announcement, the Friends of the EBT said it has already reached its 2024 fund-raising goal of $220,000. Of that amount, $40,000 will be used to purchase track supplies. From the akronrrblog

Date: 03/16/24 11:16
Re: EBT South End Track Restoration Launched
Author: callum_out

And the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWzuis2Nfq4

Out

Date: 03/16/24 13:00
Author: wabash2800

Good news. I plan on getting out there next year when they get more steam running.

Victor Baird

Date: 03/16/24 13:19
Author: MaryMcPherson

We head there in the fall.  There is a B&B across the street from the roundhouse.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 03/16/24 20:31
Author: ProAmtrak

This is awesome news, I need to check this railroad out if I get a chance to get out there!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds