Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Steam & Excursion > Iowa Chapter NRHS Special

Date: 05/07/24 08:29
Iowa Chapter NRHS Special
Author: swaool

On 5/6/2024, Iowa Interstate ran a special train for the Iowa Chapter of the NRHS from South Amana IA to Silvis IL for a tour of the RRHMA shop.  Shown here passing the Supersweet Feeds elevator in Downey IA.  Jeff Van Cleve photo, my collection.

mike woodruff
north platte ne

Date: 05/07/24 09:40
Re: Iowa Chapter NRHS Special
Author: MILW86A

Nicely done. Is Jeff from Iowa?

Date: 05/07/24 11:11
Author: refarkas

Beautifully-crafted photo.
Bob

Date: 05/07/24 18:58
Author: AndyBrown

MILW86A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nicely done. Is Jeff from Iowa?

I'm surprised you don't know him Dave.  I thought you knew everybody!  He comes to Cedar Rapids Railfans all the time; I honestly don't know where he lives but I think it's in the CR area.

Andy

Date: 05/08/24 06:56
Author: CedarRapids

If I may make a correction to the original post - the event was for the NRHS Spring Conference, not specifically the Iowa Chapter.  Proceeds from the ticket sales were presented to Operation Lifesaver, at Iowa Interstate's request.

It was a fantastic excursion and brought back memories of my participation in Iowa Interstate's Rail Ride For Flood Relief back in October 2008.  The shop tours were excellent as well and gave those present a behind-the-scenes look at IAIS operations as well as RRHMA restoration progress.

Elizabeth

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/24 07:00 by CedarRapids.

Date: 05/10/24 17:28
Author: ns1000

Nice pic!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds