Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Steam & Excursion > CP 2816 in Chicago tonight

Date: 05/08/24 21:09
CP 2816 in Chicago tonight
Author: GP40

Had a great afternoon checking out 2816 and CPKC's exhibit at Franklin Park on the final spike tour. I appreciate how friendly the crew was and their willingness to talk to us visitors and answer questions. 

At the end of the event, they had to wye the train in advance of tomorrow's run to Savanna and Davenport. They did this at Tower A5 which led the engine into the city. A ton of fans gathered at the Galewood Station for these moves, which took place after dusk.

Here's 2816, turned to face west, charging through Galewood a few hours ago headed back to Bensenville and getting an assist from the diesels. The stack talk more than makes up for the shortcomings of the 5 chime whistle.

Also throwing in a photo at Franklin Park during the event.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/08/24 21:27
Re: CP 2816 in Chicago tonight
Author: kevink

Awesome video! Your trip is off to a great start!

Date: 05/08/24 21:49
Author: callum_out

Great video, guess the diesels actually do run! And Kevin, nice job on your video as well. 

Out 

Date: 05/08/24 22:15

Thanks! I'm expecting just as much stack talk at Itasca tomorrow morning. Looking forward to the chase across northern Illinois! 

kevink Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awesome video! Your trip is off to a great start!

Date: 05/08/24 22:38
Author: kevink

I know Itasca well, went to high school in Roselle the next town west. My long-time (45 years) train-chasing brother by another mother grew up in Itasca.
Prospect Road on the east edge of town is at the top of a slight grade from Wood Dale and the Walnut Street crossing east of the Metra station is next to a small bridge over Spring Creek. Straight north on Prospect Road will get you to IL-190 (toll) which will get you to I-290 and I-90 to head west. It’s more difficult to get to I-290 via Walnut Street so I’d go with Prospect. Good luck!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/09/24 08:27
Author: xrds72

Good coverage, thank you

Date: 05/09/24 09:23
Author: Frisco1522

Put a whistle cord on her.  Those pneumatic valves have no soul.
Very attractive train and good video.

Date: 05/09/24 12:26

you will be pleased To know that they've been using the 6 chime today almost exclusively. Only heard the 5 chime on the Elgin sub.

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Put a whistle cord on her.  Those pneumatic
> valves have no soul.
> Very attractive train and good video.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds