Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Steam & Excursion > The Cadillac, SP4449

Date: 01/27/04 23:30
The Cadillac, SP4449
Author: poffcapt

Here is the Cadillac northbound at Edmonds, WA in 1996.

Date: 01/28/04 05:58
Re: The Cadillac, SP4449
Author: bnsfbob

Beautiful shot. I like the cool air steam effects. Bob

Date: 01/28/04 07:33
Author: arkansasrailroader

Great shot. What is the 4449 painted in now? I heard it was back in Freedom Train colors but that they were going to repaint it into some other scheme. Have you heard anything?

Ken Z

Date: 01/28/04 11:12
Author: Flowing

It is currently in AFT red, white, and blue and has been for about two years. According to the February issue of trains, page 31, "Doyle plans to paint the 4449 into Daylight colors before its Montana trip," which is in October. Maybe this time around we'll get the small SP Lines lettering at the top of the tender.

Date: 01/28/04 12:57
Daylight Loco.
Author: Westbound

Your photo confirms my old feelings:
We should never have allowed that locomotive to leave California!

Date: 01/28/04 16:19
Re: Daylight Loco.
Author: CPRR

Westbound wrote:
"We should never have allowed that locomotive to leave California!"

While I do tend to agree, she would have never been able to run in CA due to the UP rules about steam operations. I am very glad that the city of Portland to her and has been supportive. I can not even think of any CA city that would have done that. Not even Sac, never the SF area (they have enough problems running the Pacifics) and certainly not Los Angeles (Hell, we can't even get it together to plan any new rail service).

Date: 01/28/04 17:53

I am sure that everyone would love to have the 4449 in his/her backyard. However, we are most fortunate to have her in the care of Doyle and the Friends of 4449. The support of the City of Portland helps too. I often here rumblings about UP closing Brooklyn Roundhouse. Anyone have anything on that. It would be a shame to have all that lovely equipment cast outside somewhere. Hopefully, the UP will consider those locomotives part of its extended steam family.

Date: 01/29/04 12:52
Author: VERNON1946

You have some Beautiful Photographs of the Daylight Locomotive 4449. Thank You for sharing these with us.....Vernon

Date: 02/04/04 10:01

Thanks, Vernon. If I ever get my act together, I have lots of nice pics of many train things. Me and 50,000 other guys/gals, I guess!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds