Home Open Account Help 199 users online

Steam & Excursion > Exact location of Challenger 3985 display?

Date: 01/28/04 11:17
Exact location of Challenger 3985 display?
Author: tolland

Attention Houston guys: Would someone kindly reply and give me the nearest cross-street intersection to where the 3985 is being displayed? I think it's Holly Hall Street and Almeda Road but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks,
Jim Burrill

Date: 01/28/04 11:46
Re: Exact location of Challenger 3985 display?
Author: BlackWidow

Nearest large intersection is I-610 (South Loop) at Almeda Road (Farm To Market 521)

Date: 01/28/04 19:15
Author: kenw

Right, Holly Hall runs east-west a block or so north of the South 610 loop. Exit 610 at Almeda Rd, go north (towards town).

First traffic light after 610 is Holly Hall, a small industrial park alongside east side of Almeda will "hide" Challenger.

Turn right/east on Holly Hall, glance right just after you turn and you can't miss her!

at least Monday, she was just behind the buildings on the corner to the right. Rumors were that she would move just north of Holly Hall, but I don't think she has.

I'm going by in the pre-dawn tomorrow to try some low light shots...

Date: 01/29/04 18:27
Author: kenw

update: 3985 is firmly planted south of Holly Hall, the tracks north of Holly Hall are full of the business cars.

It will leave at 8am Feb 3 from THAT location, according to the schedule the crew had today. Tomorrow that could change....

fwiw, afternoon photography of the west side of 3985 (towards Almeda) is best as the east side of 3985 has posters, signs, the stairs to view the cab and some bizarre potted palm trees...but regardless, go ...and take a non-foamer friend!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds