Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Steam & Excursion > 844 arrives in Denver in May, 1988

Date: 02/28/04 09:41
844 arrives in Denver in May, 1988
Author: frontrangeflyer

There were some nice moments during 844's period of Greyhound livery. One of them for me was this shot of the inbound trip from Cheyenne crossing York St. on May 14, 1988. I was attending a refrigeration conference at the time, but I knew about this arrival and managed to get away. I'd rather not have the 6936 in the scene, but it isn't a great distraction in this shot. This is where Ross Grenard shot the last regular steam passenger service arrival in Denver in about February, 1956. It's still good shooting at York St. . . Joe S.

Date: 02/29/04 11:45
Re: 844 arrives in Denver in May, 1988
Author: VERNON1946

This is a *V-e-r-y Good Photograph; of the Union Pacific 844; My Very Favorite Steam Train Engine Locomotive; of those still running. Thank You Very Much for sharing. Do you have anymore of the 844? And, does anyone on here, know when and where the 844 will be running again? The Crew on the UP 3985 said it is about finished being restored, and about ready to roll this year! Possibly July-2004'....Vernon Harrison

Date: 02/29/04 20:20
Re: 844 arrives in Denver in May, 1988
Author: nycman

Vernon, I have no connection with the UP steam shop, but from what I have read on this board from those involved, it will be a while before 844 runs again. The overhaul they have done is massive (Class 5?) as they used to refer to them in steam days. Anyway, here's another pic/ This from the collection of the late John McGovern, courtesy Mary McGovern. I think it's an official UP photo.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds