Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Steam & Excursion > Niles Canyon Ry. Mixed Train Steam

Date: 04/03/04 17:49
Niles Canyon Ry. Mixed Train Steam
Author: shed47

Quincy Railroad 2-6-2T #2(ALCO 1924) on the Niles Canyon Railway is back in steam for the Spring/Summer season and today(4/3) worked on a photo mixed train that covered the length of the line. Seen below eastbound splitting the semaphores approaching Sunol. Consist was four freight cars with Arizona Eastern combine 453 bringing up the markers.

http://www.ncry.org/roster/s_02/quincy2.shtml

Date: 04/03/04 17:53
Re: Niles Canyon Ry. Mixed Train Steam

Quincy Railroad #2 is just west of Brightside in Niles Canyon on a photo runby this morning.

Date: 04/03/04 17:56

Sunol, CA was the happening place to be on 4-3-04......

Date: 04/03/04 17:59

QRR #2 takes on water at the depot in Sunol.

Date: 04/03/04 18:03

The 80-year old Alco shoves its consist westward from Sunol back to the shops at Brightside at noon today.

Date: 04/03/04 19:07
Author: Pullman

Enjoy the greenery while it lasts... Hills are already turning brown as the rains have all but stopped. Gonna be a long summer.

Nice photo's!

Date: 04/04/04 17:13
Author: nycman

Thanks for sharing those great photos. It's great to see new steam operations anywhere. Keep it up!

Date: 04/04/04 18:11
Author: shay1925

Beautiful stuff, guys!

Gee, I changed my CA vacation to a 261 vacation... hmmm... should have done BOTH! Jim

Date: 04/05/04 13:47
Author: Doug

Pullman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Enjoy the greenery while it lasts... Hills are
> already turning brown as the rains have all but
> stopped. Gonna be a long summer.
>
>
> Nice photo's!

Agree with the assessment on the photos. However, in California the hills don't turn brown, they turn golden.

Date: 04/06/04 20:13
Re: Niles Canyon Ry. BO Signals
Author: spnudge

Ah, I think we have a problem. The train isn't out of the block and it shows clear to the rear? Also, the yellow indication should have dropped to red with that much train past the signals.(Not going 60 I would guess)

Nudge

Date: 04/06/04 23:13
Re: Niles Canyon Ry. BO Signals

Signals are "permanently" bad order and just an historical artifact of the line. I would imagine the railroad's status as a non-common carrier would allow this obvious safety violation. The line is dispatched from Brightside by radio issued(on 160.695) Direct Traffic Control block authority. Photo below is from one of Sunday's public passenger runs with the "Begin Brightside Block" sign being the real deal.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds