Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Steam & Excursion > .

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 11/12/04 00:34
Author: F40PHR231

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/16 15:55 by F40PHR231.

Date: 11/12/04 03:27
Re: I'm sick and tired of SP 4449, can we talk about so
Author: spken

I, for one, thank those who post steam pics ad infinitum.
I've modelled the SP for 48 years without setting foot in your country.
Please keep the posts & pics coming, but don't let a few whinging nobodies spoil it for you.

spken in Oz

Date: 11/12/04 04:12
Author: bill_whh

The only steamer i have seen is the NKP 765 when it came to CinCinnati, Ohio around 93-94 time frame. I ended up falling on a fence, but i was able to see a Steam engine in person working. I APPLUAD anyone who can, in this day and time with ins. regs and time frames etc. keep the magnificent beasts running.

HURRAH!!!

Please keep all the Steam coming.
Some may get upset about the stuff said, But MANY, MANY more have memorable experinxes from it.
Childrens education, Edelderly memories & Handicapped pleasure is worth any grovel someone can put out.

Congrats on a job well done Chris and the REST of the Steamers out there.!!!!!

Bill in Ohio

Date: 11/12/04 05:43
Author: kevink

Chris,
Sorry 'bout the whiners. Some people aren't happy unless they are raining on someone else's parade.
BTW, that shot is absolutely stunning!

Date: 11/12/04 06:37
Author: africansteam

That is one great photo!
Africansteam

Date: 11/12/04 07:41
Author: BearCat

Chris....
Dam the torpedoes...keep those pics coming...one of these days there will be no pictures to take and all of the photos will only be on the Nostalgia & History board...now we have the opportunity to live it and enjoy it one more time...thanks to all those volunteers that work and maintain and provide us one more picture..and do not go quietly into that gentle night.

Home of the BearCat
'Light at the End of the Tunnel'
http://www.railimages.com/gallery/michaelchristy
P&W OE District MP 32.1

Date: 11/12/04 08:07
Author: pennsy3750

Chris,

Well said, and DAMN! That is one hell of a nice shot!

Date: 11/12/04 08:14
Author: OKTrainboys

Well you just *had* to go and do that, didn't you.....resisting when Fitz started foaming again, now I can't stand it. I'm resorting to posting frame grabs of one incredible excursion!

Date: 11/12/04 08:16

Chris, Any video's being made of this one, and how about those skirts?

Date: 11/12/04 08:22
Author: redberan4449

To any and all individuals that take the time and energy (and it takes a lot) to post these photos, I say "Right on, Bro."

And, keep up the good work.

redberan4449

Date: 11/12/04 08:26
Author: MacBeau

Your pejoratives were understated, accurate, and conveyed a justified indignation. I applaud your restraint, for it made the post that much better. To you and all who have contributed to the resurrection and continued operation of 4449, you have my undying gratitude for making the unimaginable reality for near three decades. The endless photos are the visible and ongoing tangible proof that your efforts are held in high esteem by all who have been privileged to witness the end product.

MacBeau

Date: 11/12/04 08:26

Here is one you don't see to often. A runby at point blank range. Taken *on* the fence in Livingston, MT. eastbound, runby #1. Ya think the earth is shakin'?

Date: 11/12/04 09:01
Author: railfan4449

Any one sick of seeing photos of any steam loco on this board should be SHOT! YOU HAVE A FREAKIN choice! Just don't click on the post! Keep up the good job for all of you that keep those steam dragons on the rails! Great photo chris!

Date: 11/12/04 09:14
Author: E-21

I must have missed all of the negative posts. Can someone direct me to them? TIA.

Date: 11/12/04 09:29
Author: samreeves

I wouldn't get so worked up about the "time for a break" title. Yardclerk would post SP breaks a few years ago, and all the UP people didn't come whining in. Take a chill pill dude!!!

Date: 11/12/04 09:50
Author: stuart

i have never seen this monster in person and will never get the chance unless you bring it east. anyways it is nice unit, nice pics posted. I have seen a couple steam locomotives in person am always amazed by the crowds and the size and the smell.
I know I have never given any money when I was lucky enough to see them . But I want to say thanks anyways
keep up the good work and be proud you enjoy your cause and you bring a feel of yesteryear to so many people
stuart

Date: 11/12/04 15:48
Author: nycman

Chris, that is a GREAT photo. Nice post, too.

Date: 11/12/04 16:55
Author: Mgoldman

Chris....
That shot is amazing!
I wouldn't care if you posted it twice!

/Mitch

Date: 11/12/04 17:51
Author: alex14ramos

Golly, that first photo is unbelievable!!! Do you have any others to share with us? The first photo is currently my wallpaper on the desktop.

thanks for sharing,
Alex Ramos

Date: 11/12/04 20:27
Author: DaveE

Chris,

At the risk of getting flamed, "break" can have many meanings. When I see a title like "Time for a <fill in the blank> break", I view it as someone posting something other than armour yellow or standard roster shots. In other words, giving us the readers and posters a "break" from the routine shots we see a lot of the time. I don't look at it as denegrating to the volunteers who give of their time, $$, blood, sweat, etc. Speaking as a volunteer myself, I like seeing shots of the Pacific that I (and a lot of other people) have spent time and energy working on, regardless of what the title is they use on the post.

Now as for people who whine about not getting the perfect shot, couldn't talk to the crew, couldn't get in the cab, or countless other bits of petty BS, I couldn't agree with you more. Luckily, they seem to be far outnumbered by the kids whos' faces light up as we go by, or just stare in amazement at the size of the tools we have to work on our loco. By the older people who get a chance to remember the times they rode behind steam engines. They're the ones who make it worthwhile.

DaveE

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0564 seconds