Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Steam & Excursion > A Big "Thank you" to all who work on the old steamers

Date: 11/13/04 19:53
A Big "Thank you" to all who work on the old steamers
Author: frosty

Hi y'all,
I just want to thank all of you who have worked on, who have restored, and who keep all these steam engines in operating condition. Thank you for putting in all those hours, those late nights, sweat, and frustration. These engines are beautiful.
My dad and I have three 1.5" scale steam engines and I know how much work goes into them, so I can only imagine what things you are going through on a full size engine to keep them in great running order.
Thanks to you, these engines have new lifes and good looking futures. Thank you for all of your effort.

Jeff

Date: 11/14/04 17:36
Re: A Big "Thank you" to all who work on the old steame
Author: zephyrus

Thank you, Jeff!

Date: 11/15/04 11:13
Author: ohcr1551

May I second that?
I haven't been able to help so far, but when I can, I will

--Becky

Date: 11/16/04 08:43
Re: 1.5" ers
Author: CPRR

Jeff, what do you and your dad have. I have a Little Engines 0-6-0. Run at LALS...

Date: 11/16/04 08:52
Re: 1.5" ers
Author: frosty

We have a 2-4-0 (originally a Railroad Supply 0-4-0 modified to a 2-4-0 in 2000), an ex-Railroad Supply 2-8-2 Mikado and a modified Allen Models 10-wheeler. The 10-wheeler took 9 months to build so my dad, a retired OB-GYN, said she was a typical pregnancy.
We belong to the Tri-State Locomotive Club (we are from Traverse City, MI) and unfortunately have not yet ventured outside of MI with our engines.
My dad has now started building a UP 4-6-6-4 Challenger. I am at college so this will give him to build "his" engine.
Jeff

Date: 11/17/04 14:41
Author: 1003-1385-2719-engr

I am grateful to anyone that thanks us for our hard work. Being a part of the group that runs the Soo Line 1003 I still can say thank you to others as well, and the other people who make our operations happen..

My full time job, I work at the Milwaukee Zoo working with the Sandley 15" equipment, my vacation time is spent with the 1003 and sometimes the 2719

--Ken--

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1964 seconds