Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Nostalgia & History > A quieter time in Elk Grove

Date: 10/14/05 13:11
A quieter time in Elk Grove
Author: photobob

Heres the SP Elk Grove depot near Sacramento in 1956. Simply hang a clothes line on a corner of the station and hang up your laundry. Plus a nice little bird bath for our feathered friends. I imagine things are not as serene at this location anymore.

Date: 10/14/05 15:52
Re: A quieter time in Elk Grove
Author: TCnR

Gee Bob, are you sure that's Elk Grove? It doesn't look like Elk Grove. I'm having trouble reading the 8 ft. sign in the thumbnail size photo.

Date: 10/14/05 16:06
Author: photobob

I bet if this site specialized in nude photos there wouldnt be any non-members looking at small thumbnail photos. I bet they would cough up that exorbitant 10cent a day charge that Todd sticks us with.

Date: 10/14/05 16:17

photobob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet if this site specialized in nude photos
> there wouldnt be any non-members looking at small
> thumbnail photos. I bet they would cough up that
> exorbitant 10cent a day charge that Todd sticks us
> with.

...and I wish everday was April Fool's day.
Hey, at my job it is. At least I get free DSL if I show up for work.

Date: 10/14/05 17:29
Author: dmaffei

Bob,
When I log out and checked the photo, it looks like Colma. Are you sure its not Colma? Who's bloomers are flap'n in the wind anyway? Was there water in the Bird Bath?

Date: 10/14/05 20:38
Author: JohnSweetser

Yes, it's Elk Grove. The features visible in the thumbnail photo match those in the three-quarters view of Elk Grove in "Southern Pacific Lines, Pacific Lines Stations, Vol. 3" (put out by the SP Historical Society), including clothes on the clothesline.

Date: 10/15/05 05:10
Author: 4-12-2

Yes, but are they the SAME clothes on the wash line?! Remember, we're searching history here....we can't countenance any errors, of any sort.

By the way, just to show you where my head is, I first figured the location would be Elk Grove Village, IL! :)

John

Date: 10/15/05 13:52

OK, I logged in, those are Bob's 11x16's on the line. That big one with gravy stains is really a mural size. Somebodies getting ready for WinteRail.

Date: 12/16/11 22:18
Author: SAMaase

That station and bird bath are probably now the site of someone's back yard, or the parking lot of the local In-N-Out burger.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.029 seconds