Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Nostalgia & History > Grand Canyon Rwy steam

Date: 11/16/05 14:31
Grand Canyon Rwy steam
Author: xtra1188w

I'm posting a few photos that were sent to me by an old friend who was an engineer on the GCRY at the time. Now he's a conductor with the BNSF somewhere in Texas, but he's a fixin to be an engineer again from what I hear. He's gotten a lot of good experience from running other peopels trains starting back when he was a teen ager, and from what I heard, he was pretty good, but that's another story.

Con

Date: 11/16/05 14:32
Re: Grand Canyon Rwy steam

next

Date: 11/16/05 14:36

another

Date: 11/16/05 15:20
Author: redzone

Second shot needs to be put on a postcard or something. Wonderful photo.

Date: 11/16/05 15:22
Author: Nitehostler

Con, I was going to ask you if Paul King was the friend that you referred to & then I saw his name on the last photo.
The last one is a little rare, because there were not that many times that 18 & 29 doubleheaded & I caught one of them in late Sept of '90. I think I was right above him up on the Freeway when he took that.
I like the shot of 18 as it shows the waterpump and 6 chime whistle that she wore early on.

Tom

Date: 11/16/05 16:01
Re: Grand Canyon Rwy steam - On RFD This Week
Author: DaveE

Coincidentally, this week's oft repeated episode of Trains and Locomotives on RFD is "Grand Canyon Steam Spectacle". My TiVo caught it for me on Monday, but they repeat it a lot during the week.

DaveE

Date: 11/16/05 21:23
Re: Grand Canyon Rwy steam - On RFD This Week
Author: lynnpowell

Grand Canyon Steam Spectacular will show one more time on RFD-TV, early Saturday morning. It is an excellent presentation.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds