Home Open Account Help 191 users online

Nostalgia & History > BN in Portland in '75

Date: 11/19/05 22:25
BN in Portland in '75
Author: 3rdswitch

In March '75 an eastbound train was approaching North Portland Jct, OR.
JB

Date: 11/20/05 00:18
Re: BN in Portland in '75
Author: NI030

Hers is s shot from Union Station in the late 70's

Date: 11/20/05 08:46
Author: soolinehoghead

Ah yes, the good 'ol days. Nicely done Joe.

BTW, great stuff from AZ & NM. It really makes me look forward to heading out there again next March. Being up at Star Lake waiting for the ESWR at the crack of dawn is really something, isn't it. It's like being on top of the world all by yourself. At least that's how it felt for me last year when I did it. Especially as Dwight Yoakam's song "Thousand miles from nowhere" came out of the car radio at 0630 while sitting at the Hwy 509 xing, listening to the Gallup, NM country station and watching the sun peek over the horizon.

Yeah baby!!!

Soo Line Hoghead

Date: 11/20/05 17:17
Author: 3rdswitch

Hey SOO, Actually, I was waiting about 10 miles south where the tracks first come into view from the west hopeing to hike up there and get a shot but the SOB got his warrant over the phone and when he toned the DS to put out it was too late to hike up in the rocks as I could already hear him coming!! I had already caught him at Star Lake Jct a couple of year ago and was hopeing for a different view although this is a nice spot. Oh well, maybe next time. As you say, it is always something to hear a train coming way off in the distance just after a beautiful sunrise. Thanks.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0266 seconds