Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Nostalgia & History > Jim "The Bear" Mahon

Date: 12/18/05 10:51
Jim "The Bear" Mahon
Author: stretch

Does he still take charge of snow fighting on the Donner Pass or has he retired yet? Didnt know if he still hung around Cajon these days.

Date: 12/18/05 11:27
Re: Jim
Author: Steamjocky

I believe he has been retired for quite a while unless I've got him confused with a different Mahon.

steamjocky

Date: 12/18/05 12:03
Author: Nova55

He retired form Up in 1999.
A real legend on the mountain as they say.

Date: 12/18/05 12:33
Author: JLY

Nova55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He retired form Up in 1999.
> A real legend on the mountain as they say.

Lives in Auburn,CA
Should be a legend on the Sierra, having worked on the mountain continously from 1964 to 1999,in positions of Truckee Roadmaster, Colfax Roadmater,Assistant to Divison Engineer-Track, District M of W Supervisor, Assistant Division Engineer and Division Engineer.
JLY

Date: 12/18/05 15:02
Author: spnudge

Someone needs to write about the Mahon family. They were everywhere on the system. The Hill, Shasta, Coast, etc.

Nudge

Date: 12/18/05 15:43
Author: mdo

spnudge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone needs to write about the Mahon family.
> They were everywhere on the system. The Hill,
> Shasta, Coast, etc.

Not to mention on the San Antonio Division. This was not about the Bear but about his brother Richard:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,833620,833620#msg-833620

Date: 12/21/05 16:41
Author: ProAmtrak

And the touch he did up on Donner is not there now with UP Running the show, and the thing I thought from pics was he being a big guy, but after watching the tape "The Battle for Donner Pass" he was a short guy with a squeeky voice, but that didn't matter when you hear about how everyone on that crew respected him!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds