Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP X2472 West - Hayward Park, (San Mateo, CA). - 1992

Date: 01/06/06 23:45
SP X2472 West - Hayward Park, (San Mateo, CA). - 1992
Author: fjc

Hard to believe it was 14yrs ago that I took this image, time flies indeed and hopefully someday we'll see the SP 2472 back under steam on these very rails once again. In this image we have the X2472 at Hayward Park in San Mateo, CA. heading westbound towards San Francisco with passengers riding as part of the many excursions held during the NRHS convention which was held in San Jose, CA. in 1992.

I have also made a high resolution copy of this image for anyone who may desire a larger image that isnt' compressed off the TO site here, follow this link to my site where you can download it.

http://www.railsaroundthebay.net/miscellaneous/downloads/sp_x2472_west_hi.jpg

Enjoy,

Frank

Date: 01/07/06 01:41
Re: SP X2472 West - Hayward Park, (San Mateo, CA). - 19
Author: mwbridgwater

Funny how the other photographers seem to be at the front of the engine (which they're not), causing it to appear HUGE! Nice shot.

Mark

Date: 01/07/06 09:45
Author: samreeves

Good stuff there Frank. Nice to see you getting the old photos scanned up.

Sam Reeves
—
http://www.samreevesphoto.com

Date: 01/07/06 15:54
Author: groundhog

HI nice shot, im wondering if you or any other photographer/foamer/ railfan was at oakland 16th st when it came in on the doubleheader back then, i was on the yard crew that took over and yarded the power to the roundhouse and i was in the cab and was using my packset with 16st tower and westoakland to control the moves while the rest of the crew was eating good food back on the rear end private car, i even had a funny incident with a trainmaster who saw me ridding on the frontend footboard , which was now ,not ok on dieasl engines , i told him the steam train rules still applied, as we left 16st there were at least thirty people taking pictures out forty or more , and to this day i havent seen any of those shots, as we crossed over a crossing a fellow with a polaroid camera was taking a shot and i yelled i wanted a copy, he ran after the engine and gave me a copy, thank you who ever you are anyway to all you keep the good work up and keep posting, EDWARD T

Date: 01/08/06 20:25
Author: SteveD

San Mateo County Historical Society plans to run a "steam train excursion" in August as part of its Sesquecentennial celebration. No mention of 2472 or official announcement by GGRM, but not many other candidates nearby.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0487 seconds