Industry, CA. Great shot!

Date: 01/17/06 20:33
Re: A UP where is it?
Author: GRNDMND

I vote for City Of Industry also! -Kevin

Date: 01/17/06 23:10
Author: NscaleMike

I too , believe its the City of Industry as well!..

Mike

Date: 01/17/06 23:19
Author: trainjunkie

Yeah, definitely CofI. Here's a shot I took there in 1980. Nice shot of the 748 and the resident CA3!

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,740776,740776#msg-740776

Date: 01/18/06 07:15
Author: UPNW2-1083

You guys are right, it is CofI. I wish it looked like that today. The water tank was taken down last year by the chemical plant next door and the depot has been left open to be taken over by some homeless people. I half expect it to catch fire and burn to the ground, like so many other depots have over the years.
Here's a shot of GP30 717 and the Riverside local caboose from February '75.-Brian

Date: 01/18/06 07:34
Author: CSURAM

Its pretty sad. Drove by the depot last week and most if not all of the windows are busted out. The depot is in bad shape unfortunately.

Date: 01/18/06 18:29
industry as a flag stop
Author: eljay

i rode u.p. #5 from sbdo to industry one nite in '68 or '69. industry was still a flagstop for 5/6 in those days. it was a very abbreviated train worked by a very old head crew who must have wondered about me. my long-suffering dad (who nonetheless liked railroads) met the train at about 2:30 a.m., or so iirc.

never thought of it until now, but i might have one of the last passengers ever to detrain there. eljay

Date: 01/19/06 13:46
Re: industry as a flag stop
Author: UPNW2-1083

That's pretty cool,eljay, I never knew it was a flagstop. I remember going down there just to watch the passenger trains go through (don't remember the #'s) and always there was the "Gambler's Special" which ran east on friday night and returned sunday afternoon. I've got some pictures of them somewhere, although they're not very good as I only had an Kodak Instamatic. I've also got pics of the Vanderbilt tender they had sitting there for years that water service used. If and when I find the pics, I'll post them.-Brian

Date: 01/20/06 20:32
Re: industry as a flag stop
Author: GRNDMND

Hey eljay...

Did you live in Sunset Hills? Does "deffinately inferior" ring a bell?
We may have been on #5 that same night/morning! Wasn't that just before it was discontinued? If I remember correctly we used #18 to San Bernardino and it was delayed big time by all of the slow orders on the 2nd Dist.

Kevin

Date: 01/21/06 09:12
sunset hills "r" me
Author: eljay

yo, kevin! you know me from long ago! wilson high, etc. eljay spells out my initials. how ya been? lj

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds