Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Nostalgia & History > more old trainorders

Date: 01/25/06 22:04
more old trainorders
Author: xtra1188w

Here's another UP order from Pine Grove in March 1884, I think that this one is a little clearer than the one that I posted last night was.

Con

Date: 01/25/06 22:06
Re: more old trainorders

C&O

Date: 01/25/06 22:08

Here's a C&O clearance card. Clearance cards accompanied trainorders, and among other things, they notified the crews about how many different trainorders that they were supposed to receive, from just one to several orders at the same time.

Con

Date: 01/25/06 22:15

Here's one copied by my old friend Bill Hanson. Today Bill is a dispatcher in Omaha, but I don't know what number he is. When he copied this order, he held 2nd trick as the operator at MoP Austin.

Con

Date: 01/25/06 22:18

Here's a NYC order for nycman, but I think that this is from Ohio, so I reckon that it'll have to be for toledopatch.

Con

Date: 01/25/06 22:23

Historically, the railroad from Grand Junction to Salt Lake City was the Rio Grande Western and from Grand Junction eastward it was the Denver and Rio Grande. I'm having a senior moment and can't remember when the two halves became one, you know, they got married rather than just shacked up.

Con

Date: 01/26/06 09:07
Author: geomel1

Thanks, Con!
When I get time, I will dig out my first one and put it up here.
George

Date: 01/26/06 10:53
Author: africansteam

Con, Thanks for posting your dad's trainorders. They make an interesting read. How did he come by some of 1880's material, and how extensive is the overall collection?

Looking forward to more!
Africansteam

Date: 01/26/06 21:01

africansteam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Con, Thanks for posting your dad's trainorders.
> They make an interesting read. How did he come by
> some of 1880's material, and how extensive is the
> overall collection?
>
> Looking forward to more!
> Africansteam

I've got quite a few more, and I don't know how he got those old UP orders. Maybe he got them when he was working as a boomer telegrapher back in the 1920s and 19teens. Pop worked at Laramie Wyoming in 1924. Some day I'll post a log from Leadville Colorado that dates from the 1800s when all car loadings were narrow gauge and the silver boom was really booming in Leadville. I think that he got the log when they razed the leadville passenger depot in 1940. Pop was working in either Leadville or Malta at that time.

Con

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds