Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Nostalgia & History > DRGW ng. pix

Date: 03/04/06 20:37
DRGW ng. pix
Author: jbwest

I've been rebuilding my ng. website and found several old prints that I had forgotten about. It was kind of a voyage of discovery digging through some stuff I hadn't look at in years.

The first one is interesting for me simply because I'm a water plug fan. The location is Alamosa, probably in the early 60's.

The second one is pretty ordinary, but it was fun rediscovering it. Taking water at Bondad on the way home from Farmington. Again early 60's.

The last one was one of the first DRGW ng. pix I took but the negative was destroyed years ago. Tonight I found a tiny old "drug store" print which I then scanned and did the best I could in Photoshop. The train was an eastbound climbing the grade out of Durango toward Chama. The bridge can still be seen from the highway if you look carefully.

Any one interested in more of this stuff can visit my website at: http://home.att.net/~jbwest/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

John West

Date: 03/05/06 05:47
Re: DRGW ng. pix
Author: Frisco1522

Good stuff JB, in fact excellent stuff! Your web site is a fine piece of work also.
Hmmmmm....Wonder if I could sell all my Frisco steam models and go N.G.?
Always wish (now) that I would have gone out there then. The Army had other ideas tho.

Date: 03/05/06 07:41
Author: 4-12-2

Frisco 1522, all you have to do in order to "narrow your focus" is make a trip out to Chama and environs. Ride and chase the train, you'll be hooked. :)

John, thank you for these great images.

John

Date: 03/05/06 09:30
Author: Frisco1522

I know, I've been there several times and it's very tempting. If I hadn't spent the last 30 years or so building a Frisco steam roster in brass, it would be a slam dunk. We just moved into a new basement with a shelter over it, so it's time to give the engines a place to strut their stuff.

Date: 03/05/06 14:44
Author: roustabout

jbwest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Any one interested in more of this stuff can visit
> my website at:
>
> John West

The photos on your site are beautiful beyond words. Thank you!

Roustabout out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0496 seconds