Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Nostalgia & History > Remember BN 1?

Date: 04/29/06 20:41
Remember BN 1?
Author: FRISCOGARY

I took this shot back in '91 as the locomotive was taking a break from pulling employee appreciation specials from Valley Park, Mo. to Lindenwood Yard in St. Louis. It was fun to chase and the cab ride was very cool!

In the second photo, the Cuba Local (trn 794?) overtakes the passenger train in Webster Groves.

Date: 04/29/06 22:03
Re: Remember BN 1?
Author: BNSFhogger

I never got to run it but got to ride in it on a train 22 as a head brakeman. The cab was great but the overpressure sensor killed the motor when the Cascade tunnel door opened.

Date: 04/29/06 22:25
Author: DynamicBrake

That is one BEAUTIFUL paint scheme!!!! That whiteface BN looks pretty sweet too!

Kent

Date: 04/30/06 08:12
Author: ddg

For ten years in a row, I volunteered my services as an engineer at Topeka Railroad days, and would work one or two round trips on the excursion trains. One year we used BN-1 on a trip to Lawrence & back. It was fun to use an F and the cab was crowded. My brother even got to ride along with me, his first time on an engine. "PumpkinHogger" and his wife rode along & ran a little, from Osage City-Topeka. Don't rmemeber what year it was. The good old days I guess.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds