Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Nostalgia & History > yesterday and today

Date: 05/08/06 22:52
yesterday and today
Author: xtra1188w

someone posted a thread the other day with the "before and after" theme. Like other people, I found that to be an interesting thread. Here is another one featuring Amtrak's north bound passenger train approaching its station stop in Austin Texas.

1. E8 #1433 leads #22 The Inter-American in August 1976.

2. Genesis #182 leads #22,The Texas Eagle on May 8, 2006, almost thirty years later but at the same place, and at about the same time of day. There are similarities between now and then, and there differences too, interesting, huh?

Con

Date: 05/09/06 07:40
Re: yesterday and today
Author: UPNW2-1083

Bring back the E units! Although that paint scheme did nothing for the classic line of the E's, the Genesis units are so ugly that I don't think any paint scheme could help (IMHO).
Here's a shot of the 417 leaving LAUPT in September '75.-BMT

Date: 05/09/06 08:32
Author: africansteam

Wow, has that scene ever changed. Love the dodge PU with the twin side mount spares in the first photo!

Africansteam

Date: 05/09/06 15:15
Author: MacBeau

BMT, I agree about the E's, but are you sure they're leaving and not arriving? Either way, nice shot.
–Mac

Date: 05/09/06 15:21
Author: UPNW2-1083

MacBeau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BMT, I agree about the E's, but are you sure
> they're leaving and not arriving? Either way, nice
> shot.
> –Mac

You're right, Mac, they are coming in. It's hard to remember details after 30+ years, but after looking at the signals and the track layout closely, I see where it's entering and not leaving. Thanks.-Brian

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds