Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Nostalgia & History > Wealthy or Famous rail fans ?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 05/15/06 16:07
Wealthy or Famous rail fans ?
Author: Realestate65

I am trying to find any famous or wealthy rail fans. The reason for my search is that I am a land broker and have been presented with the opportunity to sell a famous and historic railroad and its assets. I can not answer any questions about it's location at this time. What I can tell you is the owner's would like to see the railroad continue to run. However, if we can not find a buyer that is willing to do this they will be forced to sell it to a company who would dismantle it and liquidate it's assets. There is a substantial amount of develop-able land and natural resources with this property and the price tag may be as much as 80 million dollars. So in closing if any one knows of any famous or wealthy rail fans or groups who may have interest in this type of endeavor please let me know. Also any other comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully we will be able to find a buyer who can see the investment side of this property but who also cares about saving a important historic landmark.

Date: 05/15/06 16:48
Re: Wealthy or Famous rail fans ?
Author: Super_C

Somehow, I don't think you have found the correct forum. No matter the wealth of railfans, they are not big spenders!

Date: 05/15/06 16:54
Author: cct24

Forum notwithstanding, Not sure about wealth, but they are famous. Neil Young, Gary Coleman, Michael Gross, Bill Gates (yeah, he's wealthy)

Date: 05/15/06 17:16
Author: 1moose

Location, Location, Location......

Date: 05/15/06 17:27
Author: jcnienow

I agree, Bill Gates, does he have a deal for you! Who knows? It could even make some more money!

Date: 05/15/06 17:40
Author: wlankenau

Do we get a finder's fee?

Date: 05/15/06 17:58
Author: 1moose

You can e-mail Robin Leach at the following:

http://blogcarnival.com/bc/uprof_1132.html

Date: 05/15/06 18:34
Author: EMDSW-1

He's probably a California bureaucrat trying to sell the NWP!!!!

Date: 05/15/06 19:19
Author: fjc

Hehe, I like the comment about cheap railfans.

Date: 05/15/06 20:32
Author: highgreengraphics

I can't afford to be wealthy! - - - - - JLH

Date: 05/15/06 20:33
Author: Southern-Pacific-fan

Take a check?

Date: 05/15/06 20:45
Author: Nitehostler

Who are we dealing with here? I wouldn't give out that kind of info without it. What railroad?

Tom

Date: 05/15/06 21:34
Author: scottp

My late uncle Dr. Christopher Namimbo was director of the Nigerian State Railways and was able to deposit several locomotives (STEAM AND/OR DIESEL POWERED) in a secret account in Europe. Before he was tragically poisoned by his enemies. This along with a sum of 18$ million which if you, kind person I hope I can trust, can help my family transfer to the US, will provide you a ONE-THIRD share of the sum, as well as the locomotives to do with as you please.

(Sorry, I just love writing variations on that theme...)

Date: 05/15/06 22:36
Author: sploopconductor

I wish people would just lay off of making 'fun' of my dear Uncle! Before he died, we made a deal... I paid for his lavish funeral, and he said that once he got settled "up there", he would wire me the details on his railroad holdings. It's been several months now, and I haven't heard from him. The family said our 'goodbyes', and I shipped his body on UP. From things I have read on this site, I may have made a mistake by using the UP? I hope not, as I would like to start running that RR property! I always enjoyed my Uncle. When I was younger, he would show me photos of all his holdings. In fact, my neighbor is also waiting to hear from him. Seems over the years, my neighbor was also impressed with my uncle, and when he had a (as he called it) "a cash-flow problem", my neighbor loaned my uncle $450,000. It was to keep a bridge he owned in Brooklyn, New York, looking nice with a fresh coat of paint. In return for my neighbors' "good faith", he's going to wire the deed to the bridge to him. My neighbor is also still waiting...

Could some kind hearted T.O. member contact me, and then I'll send all the details about how you can help with my search for my "lost" uncle. I'm a little short of cash right now, (remember, I paid 'big-time' for my uncle's funeral, on the promise of his RR holdings) and I could use approx. $ 2 million (US funds, please) to put a private detective on the case.

If someone could help... I'll appoint you as "lifetime" Superintendent of my RR. No kidding here, I'm serious. And, also, would you kindly send a few extra thousand dollars (US funds, please) as my 8 children haven't had a decent meal in several weeks.

I have full trust in my Uncle's word and promise, and as the same, the kind sole (or soles) that can help me in this most deserving endevor, can also trust in me.

Please help, you have my word and trust. Please remember, US funds drawn on a US bank, and feel free to send me a 'certified' check for any amount over the 2 million (US funds, please), as I will send you back any overage.

May whomever you believe in, bless you all, and our families.

I shall await your expected reply...

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 05/15/06 23:36
Author: rdsexton

Bank account numbers and passwords may be e-mailed directly to...

Date: 05/16/06 00:33
Author: norm1153

You know, this is just strange, period.

I mean, how many Great Historic Railroad properties are there, that are valued around $80 million that someone here wouldn't already know about?

The Sierra Railroad? Could it be that valuable?

What other possibilities could there be? D&RGW? Not only that, (now that I think about it some more), I believe whatever this person is referring to, has to currently be privately owned; not a corporate property. Anyway, what do I know?

Date: 05/16/06 03:25
Author: halfmoonharold

McCloud River RR???

Date: 05/16/06 05:40
Author: lurchdel

Amtrak selling the NEC to the Joe Vranich-Naparano Iron and Metal Consortium.

Date: 05/16/06 07:11
Author: jasonlowe

norm1153 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know, this is just strange, period.
>
> I mean, how many Great Historic Railroad
> properties are there, that are valued around $80
> million that someone here wouldn't already know
> about?
>
> The Sierra Railroad? Could it be that valuable?
>
>
> What other possibilities could there be? D&RGW?
> Not only that, (now that I think about it some
> more), I believe whatever this person is referring
> to, has to currently be privately owned; not a
> corporate property. Anyway, what do I know?

I'm going to take a wild guess, total speculation, and say it's probably the East Broad Top.

Date: 05/16/06 13:21
Author: C.P.Huntington

Isn't the Grand Canyon R.R. up for sale?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1582 seconds