Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Nostalgia & History > Amtrak Coast Starlight to the north

Date: 07/11/06 22:27
Amtrak Coast Starlight to the north
Author: choochoocharlie

1 - #12 headed east approaching Casmalia with 15 cars led by SDP40F's 618 and 536.
2 - Here is the photo I mentioned earlier in the shots at Guadalupe. Had followed the SP 2566 on its local run after it left Guadalupe and arrived here in San Luis Obispo. As it sits here in the yard, the eastbound #12 is stopped at the station with 17 cars led by #555 and 553. The westbound #13 arrives with 18 cars led by #568 and 567.
3 - Shot taken from #13 as it sits in the siding at Chorro on Cuesta Grade and #12 comes out of the tunnel downgrade headed toward the horseshoe curve and SLO.

Date: 07/11/06 22:32
Re: Amtrak Coast Starlight to the north

last shot at Watsonville Junction as SDP40F's #553 and 555 lead a 12 car south (east) bound Coast Starlight past a few old SP GPs waiting their next asignments.

C.C.Chas.

Date: 07/12/06 11:26
Author: CNWJAG

Very nice! I eSPecially love the shot at Chorro.

--jag

Date: 07/12/06 12:21
Author: ProAmtrak

Agreed, be cool if Amtrak would have their LD trains that long again!

Date: 07/12/06 13:29
Author: PasadenaSub

Great set of photos. I particularly like the shot at Watsonville Jct., with all the clean Espee and Amtrak units.

Thanks for posting,

Rich

Date: 07/12/06 17:54
Author: MacBeau

Sweet stuff there Charles...did you happen to shoot any of those SP GPs at Watsonville. Thanks for these, you just can't see enough SP. That Dutch-door photo is just outstanding.
—Mac

Date: 07/12/06 22:30

As a matter of fact I shot all of those units there as the light was good and they were just posing there waiting to be photographed for posterity. Some great looking SP GP9s and GP20s, etc. Will dig those out and scan them for posting............. C.C.Chas.

Date: 07/13/06 00:26
Author: MacBeau

choochoocharlie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will dig those out and scan them for
> posting............. C.C.Chas.

I look forward to seeing them!
–Mac

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0559 seconds