Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Nostalgia & History > Burlington John's thread continued sorta

Date: 08/13/06 04:39
Burlington John's thread continued sorta
Author: xtra1188w

On July 30, 2006 at 22:42 Burlington John started a thread that included this slug that I've copied up to this thread. I'm sorry, but I don't understand how you ( is it called "cut and paste"?) copy a link in your thread to a past article, thread or image, so I'm doing it this way. Compare the slug that BJ photographed on the Katy in a Dallas shop with the S-1, the slug that's still owned and in use by the GRR. I think that maybe that they're one and the same? I know that historically, Mr Snead, who owned the GRR had a special relationship with and seemed to be a fan of the MKT obtained a lot of his second hand diesels, particularly the Baldwin VO-1000's from the MKT, plus the GRR business cars are exMKT heavyweight cars. So maybe the MKT built the slug that the MKT owns and operates, and I'm thinking that the subject of Burlington John's thread might very well be it.

Con

Date: 08/13/06 09:32
Re: Burlington John's thread continued sorta
Author: wlankenau

Nope, the red slug's definitely not the same one. Looks like it's built on a U-boat frame, what with the AAR-B road trucks and thick side sills.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds