Home Open Account Help 207 users online

Nostalgia & History > A Delightful Afternoon in The City

Date: 08/23/06 21:11
A Delightful Afternoon in The City
Author: GrandeGold

In June, I spent the better part of a day along San Francisco's historic F-Market MUNI trolley line. One of my favorite locations is the one you see here of car 1061 rolling by the magnificant facade of the Wells Fargo Bank on Market Street. Even if you are not a fan of traction or of trolley cars, the MUNI F-Market line offers one a highly nostalgic experience of history in motion along San Francisco's well maintained, busy streets.

James

Date: 08/23/06 22:30
Re: A Delightful Afternoon in The City
Author: espeeboy

Sweet City shot James! I was just in the city two hours ago picking up the girflriend from work only a 1/2 block off of Market. In fact I drove right by here! As a local I once again managed to ignore the F-line Market Street PCC's we are blessed with there in the Bay Area. Fog/ overcast skies is a large deterent but shooting the (fake) PE Miuni 1061 is always an open invitation to doubelepark on Market (almost impossible to do) and get off a digital raw image. I think it's time to spend half a day shooting the PCC and Woodie street cars of SF...

-Ryan aka "espeeboy"
on the ex-WP Oakland Sub MP11.2

Date: 08/24/06 08:17
Author: Betsy

Ah, Grant and Market! Very nice photo James. I've been noticing lately that many of these cars are beginning to show some major signs of wear. Judging by the crowds I see on them every day, they are a very popular way to get up and down Market St., and along the Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf, and they look great as part of the cityscape of downtown San Francisco. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Date: 08/25/06 17:02
Author: DNRY122

One of my favorite MUNI cars. Even though it's a St. Louis product (not Pullman), single end (not double), all-electric (not air-electric), and the colors aren't quite right, I'm always glad to see this salute to "World's Greatest Interurban" on the streets of San Francisco.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds