Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Nostalgia & History > Colton Helpers

Date: 09/25/06 21:45
Colton Helpers
Author: SP2778

The SP usually added helpers at Colton for Eastbound freights. These sets are from the Summer of 1950. 3930-3931. 4317-4352.

Date: 09/25/06 22:17
Re: Colton Helpers
Author: choochoocharlie

That first photo is probably a rare shot as it shows the two articulated engines that SP bought from the Verde Tunnel and Smelter Railroad in Arizona. They had only the two of them. They apparently worked in the LA Division for the most part on the SP. These were 2-6-6-2s and originally ran from Clarkdale to Jerome in Arizona.
That second shot is great too. Two SP mountains, one black and one in its partial Daylight paint. Thanks for posting those. ................. C.C.Chas.

Date: 09/26/06 21:09
Author: mwbridgwater

Love that first shot. I know, if you like SP steam, ya gotta like cab-forwards... but something about an SP articulated pointing the "right" direction really gets me stoked.

Mark

Date: 09/28/06 12:23
Author: Steamjocky

I just love to see old photos of my home town. The building in the background with the peaked roof in the first photo is where I was hired in 1968. Thanks for posting.

JDE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.058 seconds