Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Nostalgia & History > A Trio of Former Corbin Coal Haulers

Date: 09/26/06 04:59
A Trio of Former Corbin Coal Haulers
Author: CNW8531

I always thought that CSX had the nicest looking fleet of C30-7's around. Not all will agree of course, as it is a simple matter of taste. All the same though, three of them together in matched paint look pretty nice hauling southbound coal loads out of Corbin, Kentucky on 4-18-92. You gotta love the days before the Dash 9's and AC's took over the rails!

Date: 09/26/06 07:12
Re: A Trio of Former Corbin Coal Haulers
Author: aehouse

CNW8531 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
You
> gotta love the days before the Dash 9's and AC's
> took over the rails!

You do indeed. Things were great, photographically, when CSX finally had most of its fleet in the YN2 tricolor scheme. But no good thing lasts forever; the dark future scheme remains a great disappointment in comparison, though even I have to admit that it looks pretty decent when the engines are clean. But it's nothing in comparison with the days of blue, gray and yellow.

Art House

Date: 09/26/06 17:56
Author: B36-7

Fully agreed 100%!! Those days are gone but definitely not forgotten! Seems like all of us railfans hate change but I'm glad I've captured most of it over the years.

Date: 09/26/06 19:06
Author: SCL1517

Yes indeed...that IS a nice photo! Like y'all, I too miss that era on CSX. They "nailed it" with that paint scheme (after a lot of trying)! The new scheme is okay--I just wish they would hurry up and paint all the sad looking (rusty/oxidized) YN2 units. I also miss the Leslie S5 horns like that L&N C30 is sporting!

Date: 09/26/06 19:37
Author: MILW86A

Hey Angus, did you get any TTI from that trip? I forgot you went down there after AOH, Little Kevin and I went there(not to Corbin, bu Winchester) in October 1991.

MILW86A

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.05 seconds