Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Nostalgia & History > Open That Throttle Wide! CC&P Action Part Two

Date: 09/29/06 03:17
Open That Throttle Wide! CC&P Action Part Two
Author: CNW8531

We have a saying on the railroad "Put that thing in notch #8 and don't hesitate"! The engineer on this eastbound coal load has done just that and I was there to enjoy the smoke show that followed. These seven Paducah rebuilds are struggling to get their train moving out of Council Bluffs, Iowa on 5-27-88. You should of heard those older units roar! What a video this would have made.

Four days earlier on the 23rd, a westbound empty hopper train is nearing Council Bluffs for a delivery to the UP and back to Wyoming for loading. I miss the CC&P!

Date: 09/29/06 03:47
Re: Open That Throttle Wide! CC&P Action Part Two
Author: FGS

Absolutly enjoyed the shots, WOW. That looked to be a real show, like you mentioned, it would have made a swell video!

Jimmy B

Date: 09/29/06 06:03
Author: tomstp

Looks like a bunch of them need new piston rings!

Date: 09/29/06 10:11
Author: J.Ferris

This reminds me of being in North Platte, and seeing a train slowly make its way out of the yard and then hearing the rear man say, "Whamp on'm Floyd". The entire yard was covered in exhaust, and by the time it cleared, the train must have been making 45 to 50 mph outta town.

J.

Date: 09/29/06 13:10
Author: FGS

Here is a link to a video I took back in 1985 that show em notching it up to run 8. Although Espee, the exhaust is similar. The battery in the camera took a dump before the train passed under me...so its cut short some.

Thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.trainorders.com/avshare/detail.php?id=194&adodb_next_page=1

Jimmy B

Date: 09/29/06 20:19
Author: NH2006

WOOT!

More CCP!

Glad I gotta see them....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds