Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Nostalgia & History > Flyboys

Date: 10/06/06 00:37
Flyboys
Author: alaska

Flyboys is an exciting picture, however it did flub up during the very beginning. Those of you that have seen this flic may have noticed the main character boarding a train that was supposed to be in Nebraska. The passenger cars were British; the film was made on location in England.
Anyone notice this? Only a rail buff would really notice and I didn't until I saw it for the second time.

Hal

Date: 10/06/06 08:13
Re: Flyboys
Author: sfericsf

Did anyone else even see this movie. It flopped big time at the box office. Mostly gone after two weeks. Look for it on DVD in a month or so... ;-)

Date: 10/06/06 08:43
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I read that some high roller bankrolled the film, and
coincedently, his son was one of the leading characters.

Date: 10/06/06 09:20
Author: fjc

I seen Jackass Number Two, funny and gross at the same time. However it's hard to believe that movie was #1 in the country during it's first week of release, you can never tell what's going to do well and what's going to bomb.

Date: 10/06/06 09:45
Author: PWB

alaska Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flyboys is an exciting picture, however it did
> flub up during the very beginning. Those of you
> that have seen this flic may have noticed the main
> character boarding a train that was supposed to be
> in Nebraska. The passenger cars were British; the
> film was made on location in England.
> Anyone notice this? Only a rail buff would really
> notice and I didn't until I saw it for the second
> time.
>
> Hal

I saw that movie last Sat Sep30 at local theater. I noticed that right away that the pass. cars were British.

Paul.

Date: 10/06/06 14:17
Author: drgwAZ1986

I liked Jackass...it gave me a temporary escape from my boss yelling at us

Date: 10/07/06 01:07
Author: ts1457

alaska Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flyboys is an exciting picture, however it did
> flub up during the very beginning. Those of you
> that have seen this flic may have noticed the main
> character boarding a train that was supposed to be
> in Nebraska. The passenger cars were British; the
> film was made on location in England.
> Anyone notice this? Only a rail buff would really
> notice and I didn't until I saw it for the second
> time.
>
> Hal

I noticed that, but that's what to be expected. Makes me feel smart to be able to figure out where the filming took place before seeing the credits at the end.

I'm sorry that it flopped at the box office. The storylines might be a bit lame, but the aerial combat scenes are the ultimate in realism for WWI flying.

Date: 10/07/06 07:31
Author: filmteknik

Hey, "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" isn't harmed by Spanish rail equipment pretending to be old West USA (in fact it makes it more surreal) nor is "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" less enjoyable for having D&RGW narrow gauge subbing for the UP.

And only we in the know will smile when we see a portrait of a postwar SP ALCO PA hanging in the dining car in the WWII era "Flags of Our Fathers". (Look for some nice shots including a closeup of IRM's CB&Q E5 during Reel 4.)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds