Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Nostalgia & History > How far could you throw this camera?

Date: 10/10/06 11:42
How far could you throw this camera?
Author: Frisco1522

This sounds like a fun category, and I'm sure everyone has their camera malfunctions to talk about, so let's start a thread of screwed images.
This one is a 116 and it really ruined a nice shot of Frisco 4-8-2 No. 1500 with a southbound passenger train at Southeastern Jct on 12-29-49.
Now let's see yours.

Date: 10/10/06 12:11
Re: How far could you throw this camera?

Some 56 years later, Photoshop comes to the rescue. Don't ever throw anything away, sooner or later it can be fixed.

Date: 10/10/06 13:37
Author: wabash2800

Nice photo. I like the truss rods on the wooden baggage car too.

Date: 10/10/06 15:16
Author: skstone

No pic for me, only the story.

SPS 700 Westbound in Montana, I at Lombard as it goes by. Perfect shot.

And the parts for the camera fall into my hand, right as I am about to take the photo! So I missed the pic.

Thank goodness there was alot of railfans willing to share their photos from that trip.

Scott

Date: 10/12/06 05:42
Author: 4-12-2

Frisco1522, just as I was about to wonder if the image couldn't be repaired today I scrolled down and you'd already done it! What a save.

Is yours a professional level PS or one of the myriad free or at least relatively inexpensive versions?? Does Irfanview's free download provide some of the same capabilities? I'm going to guess not.

Thanks!

Date: 10/12/06 06:29

I used Photoshop 5.5, which is an older version. I think you could do the same thing with Photoshop Elements or the older Photoshop LE which used to come free with cameras, etc. Basically all I used was the cloning tool and dodge/burn tool.
I also have Photoshop CS which I use with my digital NEC images from the Nikon. Wish I knew both programs inside out as I've just scratched the surface of what they are capable of. Maybe I'll watch the Jr. College to see if they offer a course.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds