Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Nostalgia & History > MP/T&P Jenks Blue Loco & PSGR Car Photos Wanted

Date: 01/07/07 01:52
MP/T&P Jenks Blue Loco & PSGR Car Photos Wanted
Author: Red

While "Eagle Scheme" Missouri Pacific/Texas & Pacific passenger locomotives and rolling stock are CERTAINLY welcome here, I'm really hoping for some good shots, B&W OK, color even better, of MP/T&P E-Units of all vintages, and, particularly, Jenks Blue standard rolling stock (again, business/observation cars would be a great addition, and welcome, but I really need standard rolling stock: baggage cars, coaches, diners, sleepers, etc.). This is for a "project," as well as for the fond memories that these photos would inspire for many of us.

I know they are out there, as I've seen them sporadically on here, but in the deep past, or at least a year ago. I'd like a thread where as many Jenks Blue passenger locomotive (E-units, passenger Geeps, PAs) shots and rolling stock shots could be gathered in one place.

I know some greatly prefer the Eagle Scheme, and there is no denying that scheme's beauty (the Grandluxe Tours "American Orient Express" most DEFINITELY used the MP/T&P "EAGLE SCHEME" as a "guide"...this is quite obvious). But, the much-maligned Jenks Blue Scheme, particularly when the trains were in a solid set of this scheme, had its own beauty.

There were also some variations in the Jenks Blue Scheme on passenger units, and hopefully we'll see some of those variations...I prefer to call it JENKS BLUE-Phase I, and JENKS BLUE-Phase 2. The difference? The first of them, the Phase I's, retained the painted metal stamped Eagle up front, with the MP Buzzsaw Herald centered in that eagle for MP Units, while the T&P Units had the same eagle plate of the older "Eagle Scheme," but with the red T&P Diamond centered within the eagle. The Phase II units did away with the eagle, and simply had the buzzsaw for MP and the red diamond for T&P. I suppose there would even be a "Phase III," although this MAY have been more for freight power...in later years, and I THINK that this was after the end of passenger service, the T&P lost their diamonds, but got the red buzzsaw herald, with "Texas & Pacific" spelled out in the circular buzzsaw. I do think, however, that this "Phase III" Jenks Blue for covered wagons didn't occur until after the end of the passenger era, and if not, it was certainly toward the very end of the passenger era on the MP/T&P.

All pictures welcome--but my MAIN interest is in the passenger ROLLING STOCK in Jenks Blue--for clarification, here.

Thanks!!!

Date: 01/07/07 16:10
Re: MP/T&P Jenks Blue Loco & PSGR Car Photos Wanted
Author: cabinman

Good Luck! I am only one of about 3 people interested or modeling the Jenks blue passenger era. I model different trains as they appeared from 1965 to the 1971 early Amtrak era .The earlier trains had diners, sleepers, mail service and lots of head-end equiptment. The later trains have coaches, snack bar coaches, and 1-2 units. I am not set up right now for photo or slide sharing, but, I will be in the not-to-distant future.

I win very few friends when I profess my love for the Jenks blue. The rest of the Mopac modelers see me as very stange. I lived my youth trackside around Desoto, Missouri. I witnessed these trains of the MP to the end. It has been a long road aquiring photos of the late 60's. As soon as I can, I will post some.

Thanks, Keith Turley/ Details West

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0715 seconds