Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Nostalgia & History > HUMAN DESIRE 1954

Date: 01/23/07 05:45
HUMAN DESIRE 1954
Author: 90mac

I finally got to see this great movie yesterday on TCM,it is really a classic piece of Railroading cinema,however it looked as though the studio got almost all their RR footage from AAR as Glenn Ford seemed to have a pretty long run from what looked like Montana or Colorado all the way to somewhere on the NEC like maybe Philly or Washington, WOW!!! That's one BIG Division!!!
Another problem was that Glenn's engine kept changing magically from ALCo to EMD from one minute to the next. How do they do that? It must be magic.
The highlight for me was what looked like a Rock Island FA(with a phony RR name)that Glenn cuts off his train and runs it into the roundhouse, thank you God the studio didn't mess with that soundtrack and what a nice Nathan M3 that FA had.
Aside from the film trickery I'm very glad I finally saw it.
That's my movie review,now if they would only release it on DVD.

Tom Helliwell

Date: 01/23/07 16:38
Re: HUMAN DESIRE 1954
Author: johnw

I suspect a DVD may be forthcoming, possibly as part of a Film Noir or a Glenn Ford box set from Columbia. This appeared to be a brand new transfer and for the first time on TV it was in it's proper widescreen format. Even though Turner Classic Movies doesn't broadcast in high defintion, it looked very good on my widescreen plasma HDTV set, probably the best it's looked since it played in theaters in 1954. Thanks to whoever gave us the "heads up" on this one a few weeks ago...it was definitely worth viewing and recording! Thanks to Columbia and TCM for making it available too!

Date: 01/23/07 19:58
Re: HUMAN DESIRE 1954
Author: 90mac

"Thanks to whoever gave us the "heads up" on this one a few weeks ago...it was definitely worth viewing and recording! Thanks to Columbia and TCM for making it available too"!

I agree THANK YOU!!!
And thanks to TCM for responding to its viewers, I sent them an email request for this movie in December and here we are in January with a positive result,TCM has become my favorite channel.
TAH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0541 seconds