Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Nostalgia & History > X rated SP in Oakland (late 70's)

Date: 03/11/07 18:53
X rated SP in Oakland (late 70's)
Author: dmaffei

Nice seeing a lot of TO faces at Winterail yesterday. Some new and some old. Finally got to meet Drew1946 and talk about old trips and railfan places. Figured we have crossed paths a few times and not known it. Tracktime Harry told me enjoyed my Oakland thread I posted a bit ago and I explained what was on the rest of the roll of film from that day, he seem interested, So as I clean up these old color negs. I'll post a few more in the days to come....Dave

After watching and photographing that afternoon at the East end of the yard, took a ride over to the 16th street tower area and found SD45X 9503 had just arrived alone at the point of this train.

Edit> For those who may not know, this is were the new Cypress freeway runs after the 89 quake took the old one down in about fifteen seconds.

Date: 03/11/07 22:55
Earlier that afternoon...

Passenger Geep 3187 equiped with M-5 horns and SD-7 1420 head East for Roseville.

Date: 03/11/07 23:15
Re: Earlier that afternoon...
Author: tracktime

Hi Dave,

Thanks.. It was great to see you and the boys yesterday too! Thanks for your fast action in posting up more scenes from West Oakland. That 9503 went East on her own, at the twilight of her days! Amazing stuff.

Those were unforgettable times back then. I guess we were about the same age as Kodachrome_9319 and Alex Ramos wayyy back then, only without those fancy schmancy digital cameras..

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 03/12/07 09:30
Author: SandingValve

Dave-

Was good to catch up with you at Winterail. I missed meeting drew1946. Maybe next year I'll have to wear my 'alias' TO handle .

Sure do love those SP geeps dragging around the Bay.

Let me know when you might get a chance to see us in the Motherlode.

SV

Date: 03/12/07 13:11
Author: mkt-green

dmaffei Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Passenger Geep 3187 equiped with M-5 horns and
> SD-7 1420 head East for Roseville.

This shot ( #2 ) is just a stones throw away from the former home of the east bay model rr engineers. (to the left). Got a lot of shots there myself in the 70s. Just have to get them digitized now.

Doug

Date: 03/13/07 12:02

mkt-green Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This shot ( #2 ) is just a stones throw away from
> the former home of the east bay model rr
> engineers. (to the left). Got a lot of shots there
> myself in the 70s. Just have to get them digitized
> now.
>
>
> Doug

That place was cool. Lots of memories of going in with my Dad and watching O scale models for hours when I was 6 to 9 years old.
Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0591 seconds