Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Nostalgia & History > What Was Your Best Grab Shot, mine Erie Mining in 84

Date: 04/14/07 07:11
What Was Your Best Grab Shot, mine Erie Mining in 84
Author: Sneebly

Have any of you had the experience of coming to a grade crossing and looking at the track, and think this would be a perfect shot if a train came along? Well in 1984 neat the end of a whirlwind trip myself and 2 other guys were in northern Minnesota and came across this scene but no train. We sadly moved on in our rental car and after driving perhaps 100 ft we see the flashers start. Slam on brakes backup and frantically get this shot.

Sneebly

Date: 04/14/07 08:16
Re: What Was Your Best Grab Shot, mine Erie Mining in
Author: highgreengraphics

That's nice - looks like 4211 just had a repaint, that's about the cleanest I have ever seen it. Usually it has two vertical lines of dark wheel and rail wash on the nose which are dark enough to obscure the V-striping. Wonder if that was its last repaint? On its final tac run, they had cleaned off the wheelwash, but it still did not look as good as it does here! Sometimes LUCK does matter... - - - - JLH

Date: 04/14/07 09:26
Re: What Was Your Best Grab Shot, mine Erie Mining in
Author: RayH

I spent parts of 2 days at that crossing in 1981. I have a shot just like yours hanging on my wall here.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3245 seconds