Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Nostalgia & History > E. J. Phillips

Date: 06/20/07 05:16
E. J. Phillips
Author: flynn

Date: 06/20/07 07:40
Re: E. J. Phillips
Author: xtra1188w

I am enjoying your historical threads, Flynn. When I read "EJ Phillips" in the subject line, I immediately thought of BJ Phillips. (I think that his initials were B.J.) BJ Phillips was a retired master mechanic from the L&N in Alabama who'd had experience with steam locos as a young man. Mr. Phillips worked as a consultant to Joe Dale Morris when he did the initial restoration of the T&NO Mike, #786 in 1990. I believe that Mr Phillips also was a consultant on other steam locomotive restorations, he purely did love steam locos from what I could see the few times that I met and saw him at work back in 1990. Mr. Phillips has since passed on into his eternal reward. I wonder if he might have been a descendant to the Phillips lady that's featured in your story thread this morning?

Con

Date: 06/21/07 00:12
Author: Steamjocky

Con, you're thinking of J.R. Phillips. He was the mentor of Joe Dale. Joe Dale has said nothing but good things about JR, as Joe Dale has called him.

JDE

Date: 06/21/07 20:30
Author: xtra1188w

Steamjocky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Con, you're thinking of J.R. Phillips. He was the
> mentor of Joe Dale. Joe Dale has said nothing but
> good things about JR, as Joe Dale has called him.
>
> JDE

Yep you're right John, I remember now, he was JR, not BJ Phillips.

Cpn

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.055 seconds