Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Nostalgia & History > when taylor yard was around

Date: 03/23/08 10:41
when taylor yard was around
Author: tc

Just going through some old photos and came up with thsse . I could run down there on only a couple of bucks for gas and spend most of the day watching.

Date: 03/23/08 12:47
Re: when taylor yard was around
Author: UPNW2-1083

Nice shots of good old Taylor yard. Even though I'm a UP guy, I used to work the SP hauler job from UP's East Yard to Taylor. I spent a lot of time either walking our train, which was usually around 100 cars or so, or sitting waiting for them to get the train ready for us. The area in your shots is a park now with a few lite industrial buildings to the north along San Fernando road. I've got some shots of the area, but I can't seem to find them right now, but when I do, I'll post them.-BMT

Date: 03/24/08 15:51
Author: SPLoopConductor

tc:

In the first shot you can see my brother's yellow Chevy Blazer, and my (then) brother-in-law's VW window-bus! I guess they were working the 'Hump' that day.

Good old Taylor Yard shots!

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

EDIT: tc, just talked to my brother, and he wonders if you have a date on those images?

Date: 03/24/08 18:14
Author: tc

I am sorry Larry I am so bad on keeping dates of photos I could only guess, I think I have a photo of the crew passing under the bridge I will see if I can find.

Date: 03/24/08 21:19
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

RIP Taylor Yard... :-(

Date: 03/27/08 14:54
Author: ProAmtrak

sucks me and my dad checked it out twice, would've been great to see it more often, oh well!:(

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds