Home Open Account Help 188 users online

Nostalgia & History > Southern Crescent Interiors

Date: 04/19/08 07:13
Southern Crescent Interiors
Author: jsitajraa

Here are a couple of shots of coach seating and a coach lavatory, and a shot of diner as the northbound train crossed Lake Pontchartrain.

Date: 04/19/08 07:14
Re: Southern Crescent Interiors
Author: jsitajraa

Here's a shot out of diner window out of Lake Pontchartrain, along with a couple of shots of the dome car.

Date: 04/19/08 08:00
Author: WP-M2051

Glass windows, tasteful colors - much nicer than Anthrax of the same period.

Fred

Date: 04/19/08 09:30
Author: prr4828

twcoonhound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glass windows, tasteful colors - much nicer than
> Anthrax of the same period.

If only Amtrak had the same resources and esprit de corps the Crescent enjoyed ....

* JB *

Date: 04/19/08 11:09
Author: cewherry

Picture number 3 shows the trainman complying with rule requiring: ..."Uniform caps must be removed while passing through dining cars when occupied by passengers, except when engaged in collecting transportation". I am quoting SP's General Regulation 838. Obviously Southern had something similar in their rules.

Charlie

Date: 04/19/08 11:29
Author: Waybiller

Those are great, thanks so much.

Date: 04/19/08 13:12
Author: Frisco1522

That brings to mind one of my pet peeves, namely bozos who wear their hats in restaurants. I guess it's my stint in the service, but if you wore your cover in the mess hall you could get a nice head slap and pushups.
Some of them wear hats while they're smoking and talking on the cell phone while they are eating. Some of them vote too............

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds