Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Nostalgia & History > MILW FM switchers

Date: 07/16/08 20:58
MILW FM switchers
Author: xtra1188w

"MILW FM switcher, 5-76" is what I wrote on the slide mount of the slide that this was scanned from. I took this slide from an open dutch door on the eastbound Empire Builder somewhere in Minnesota in May 1976. When I was in Havre Montana the day before, The film advance on my new slr, a Mamiya/Sekor had fallen apart, and I had to then rely on my backup camera at the time, an old Argus C-3, also called a "Brick". As we rolled towards Chicago, there was a lot of new to me sights to see and try to photograph in Minnesota and Wisconsin . I'd just set the F stop as best I could guess at on the Brick, sight it in on the subject at hand, snap the shutter button and hope for the best. Most of these shots were very underexposed, and this one here I tried to lighten up in PS Elements and achieved a somewhat limited result. Still under the premise of "any picture is better than no picture", here is "MILW FM switcher 5-76" from 32 years ago.

Con

Date: 07/17/08 05:15
Re: MILW FM switchers
Author: GPutz

Con, that looks like the CMSTP&P shops in Milwaukee, WI, not St. Paul, MN. I agree, it's better to have than not. Gerry

Date: 07/17/08 20:49
Re: MILW FM switchers
Author: xtra1188w

GPutz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Con, that looks like the CMSTP&P shops in
> Milwaukee, WI, not St. Paul, MN. I agree, it's
> better to have than not. Gerry

Okay, so noted, thanks Gerry.

Con

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds