Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Nostalgia & History > Loco used in "Monk" episode

Date: 12/08/08 05:24
Loco used in "Monk" episode
Author: colehour

Last night an episode of "Monk" included a passenger train bearing down on a drugged victim whose car had been deliberately parked on railroad tracks (to make it look like an accident). The train was being pulled by an F unit (or was it an E) and had colors that reminded me of D&RGW livery. There was only a brief shot of the train from the side so I did not get a good look at it.

Anyone enlighten me as to the equipment and location of the shot?

Date: 12/08/08 08:12
Re: Loco used in "Monk" episode
Author: BL2

If it was Rio Grande it may have been filmed in Colorado on the Royal Gorge Senic line. The other may have been the Filmore & Western which is used in a lot of TV and movie shots. Both are F units.

Date: 12/08/08 10:54
Author: sphauler

BL2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If it was Rio Grande it may have been filmed in
> Colorado on the Royal Gorge Senic line. The other
> may have been the Filmore & Western which is used
> in a lot of TV and movie shots. Both are F units.

It was indeed the Filmore & Western. I believe they have a list of productions on their website. http://www.fwry.com/productions_home/credits_1.html

Date: 12/08/08 13:05
Author: colehour

Thanks for the info. I should have thought of the F&W since I actually visited the property years ago.

Date: 12/08/08 13:24
Author: nycman

Does anyone know how and where they shot that sequence at the beginning of each "Monk" where he's running alongside an F-22 fighter?

Date: 12/08/08 20:34
Author: RustyRayls

nycman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know how and where they shot that
> sequence at the beginning of each "Monk" where
> he's running alongside an F-22 fighter?

I would guess Edwards AFB or AF Plant 42 @ Palmdale. A lesser possibility would be Nellis AFB.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds