Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Nostalgia & History > Dave's Railpix Site Went Down

Date: 10/04/09 15:07
Dave's Railpix Site Went Down
Author: norm1153

http://davesrailpix.com - The site has gone down. The domain name expires in December, but I guess the site hosting (Networksolutions) was only paid for through October.

Date: 10/04/09 22:11
Re: Dave's Railpix Site Went Down
Author: stash

That is too bad. Thousands of photos posted on that site, many taken years ago on various interurban routes. Dave passed away as I recall reading some months ago. I suppose the site has died, too.

Date: 10/04/09 23:25

Hi Stash,

Yeah, I think it's gone for good. A few months ago I attempted to contact Network Solutions including by mail, but never received any reply. I understand they both hosted the site, and are the domain name registrar.

The domain name expires December 8th. So there might be a way to revive it, (1)if anyone successfully downloaded the entire site in its HTML format, and (2) the name could be purchased after 12/8/09.

Date: 10/05/09 01:23
Author: jst3751

NetworkNonSolutions is one of the worse ones to work with when it comes to the domain/account registrant not contactable.

Date: 10/05/09 23:26

Well, as of Monday night, it's up again! Even better, now the domain name record shows an expiration of December 2012, instead of this coming December.

Date: 10/06/09 08:54
Author: stash

It's back. Good news!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds