Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Nostalgia & History > SD9 #4389- this time in fresh paint

Date: 03/23/10 21:40
SD9 #4389- this time in fresh paint
Author: WestinAshahr

Someone asked for shots of this unit awhile back. Finally got around to looking and found these old negs taken in July 1974. The train is the 2nd Northsider, setting out at Corvallis Jct. Lead unit 4389 still shined in fresh paint from a May rebuilt at Sacramento. Of note, this unit was the former 3891, which I believe was the last Oregon Division SD9 in Black Widow colors. It continued to work these branch lines and was one of the units leased by the W&P during their start-up. In April of 1993 I made my 1st official student trip in this engine- although by then it wore much more typical SP colors: grime and cinderblock gray.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/10 22:26 by WestinAshahr.

Date: 03/24/10 08:59
Re: SD9 #4389- this time in fresh paint
Author: Daze

Nice stuff. All three headlights are the original MARS type.

Date: 03/24/10 20:22
Author: roustabout

Nice, Dan-o. Corvallis Jct before WPRR and Home Depot!

Date: 03/24/10 21:42
Author: GoldenState

Yes, Thank you, it was me who requested shots of this loco in its (GRIP?) incarnation. Those are some pretty sharp photos you have there. I appreciate your time looking for and posting them.

As far as the project for which these photos were needed, I've collected all of the parts for the light box to illuminate the number board and will assemble them this weekend. The modeling will take a bit longer though. I will post a photo of the box when complete.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,2150372

-Rob, Fremont, Ca

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0678 seconds