Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Nostalgia & History > San Juan Capistrano Depot March 1969

Date: 04/06/10 02:14
San Juan Capistrano Depot March 1969
Author: Starship_Conductor

My parents had a Summer/Weekend beach house at Dana Point, Ca. When we were there, sometimes I would ride my bike to the Santa Fe San Juan Capistrano Depot and watch the mid day San Diegans make there scheduled stops. During
the summers of 1968, 1969 and 1970 I would take the early afternoon train to San Diego and return on the late
afternoon train. I never took my camera with me except on this one day in March of 69.

Date: 04/06/10 02:18
San Juan Capistrano Depot March 1969 (part 2)
Author: Starship_Conductor

3 more pictures at the San Juan Capistrano depot March 1969.

Date: 04/06/10 10:56
Re: San Juan Capistrano Depot March 1969 (part 2)
Author: StStephen

If only ATSF had kept the siding intact, we would probably have 2MT now from Fullerton all the way to the PCH overpass, and perhaps all the way to the Metrolink depot in San Clemente. The cutback of the siding, with the switch immediately south of the current depot, while at the time probably a good move, played a significant role to the battle by locals to stop the double-tracking project "in its tracks" before continuing through SJC. Too bad: that will forever cost LOSSAN and all of us billions as we now have to mitigate around the historic district/depot area.

Date: 04/07/10 18:30
Re: San Juan Capistrano Depot March 1969 (part 2)
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Great pictures Plug

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds