Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Nostalgia & History > Movie Railroad Question...

Date: 07/31/11 12:21
Movie Railroad Question...
Author: Newman

Watching an episode of "Cheyenne" that I record every morning on encore westerns, and I have a quick question. This episode, dating to 1956 is called "Last train west"...there is some live action footage in the movie, in which I'm pretty sure i am looking at a C-19 that has been grotesquly repainted and renumbered no. 18...anyone know anything about the railroad they used, or the engine in the episode??? the engine has the diamond stack, the large box headlight, and the tops of the sand and steam domes appear to have been painted silver.....hard to tell..the engine is either silver and black, or gold and black....no too sure..oh, and the nos. 2 and 3 drivers have had thier counterweights painted also......same color.....the film is shot in black and white...it could also be a C-16..not too sure...

Date: 07/31/11 13:17
Re: Movie Railroad Question...
Author: Newman

Just an update..wherever they shot this...it does not seem to be a shortline RR..it's the DRGW, pulling green coaches and a close up shot that CLEARLY shows DRGW coach number 306...in green...anyone know where 306 is now??

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0902 seconds