Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Nostalgia & History > A cold rear end in Oregon

Date: 11/07/11 19:59
A cold rear end in Oregon
Author: photobob

An eastbound blasts through Chiloquin, Oregon. Somehow a FRED hanging on a rear coupler doesn't have the same railroad appeal as a good old caboose. I'm sure the rear end crew is keeping warm somehow.

Robert Morris Photography
http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/index1.html

Date: 11/07/11 20:30
Re: A cold rear end in Oregon
Author: SCKP187

This is great----the best I have ever seen
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/07/11 20:52
Author: telegraphboy

I am sure they are warm as toast. Pot belly stove you know.
Sid.

Date: 11/08/11 00:15
Author: Fizzboy7

Absolutely stunning. The drama and emotion in this scene speaks volumes.

Date: 11/08/11 05:54
Author: LoggerHogger

Well done as always Bob. A familiar view for us traveling Highway 97. Yes, the caboose is what makes this scene such a keeper.

Martin

Date: 11/08/11 14:39
Author: GN599

Thats a good one. Judging by the snow boiling up they are at a good speed for making a run at Calimus hill.

Date: 11/08/11 20:39
Author: ln844south

I live about mile and half futher up the hill on the east side. Retired Locomotive Engineer watching 'em make my pension. Without the caboose, it look like a sentence without a period and with DPU's you don't know if they are coming or going. When the UP 3985 came by here in '05, gave you an ideal what a cab ahead must have sounded climbing the hill and through the Williamson River Gorge! Goose bumps??
This time of year the sound of even the air chimes sounds great echoing up the valley?

Steve Panzik
CP 459.3
Chiloquin, Or

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds