Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Nostalgia & History > Cripple Creek, Colorado

Date: 07/30/12 06:31
Cripple Creek, Colorado
Author: flynn

I am still looking for information on Alexander McLean.

The Pikes Peak Library District, Colorado Springs, has photograph archives.

http://more.ppld.org:8080/SpecialCollections/project/Search.aspx

I did a Keyword search of the archives for Cripple Creek and got 400 photos.

Picture 1, “Travel in Cripple Creek. Creator/Photographer: Harlan, Andrew James. Year: between 1891 & 1893. Collection: Rare Photograph Collection. Image Number: 353-11132.jpg.

Date: 07/30/12 06:33
Re: Cripple Creek, Colorado

The Pikes Peak Library District does not have Zoom enlargement. I attempted to enlarge the photo with the Paint program but the picture becomes blurry.

Has anyone had experience with Genuine Fractals, SI Pro, or any other software for the enlargement of digital photos?

Picture 2 is picture 1 enlarged and cut with the Paint program.

Date: 07/30/12 06:35

I attempted to find information or a picture of Alexander McLean on this website. I found a picture of an Albert McLean. I don’t know whether or not he is a relative of Alexander McLean.

Picture 3, “Albert McLean. Creator/Photographer: . Year: between 1903 & 1904. Subject: Photographs, McLean, Albert, Portraits, Miners, Men. Location: Cripple Creek, Colorado. Collection: Cripple Creek Collection. Donor: the Cripple Creek District Museum. Image Number: 192-6668.jpg. Albert McLean appears on the list of striking Western Federation of Miners who were deported from the Cripple Creek Mining district in 1904.”

Date: 07/30/12 06:37

Picture 4, “Hearses on Bennett Avenue, Cripple Creek. Creator/Photographer: . Year: 1904. Location: Cripple Creek, Colorado. Image Number: 001-280.jpg. Line of horse-drawn hearses move down Bennett Avenue past lines of onlookers. Men walk alongside hearses. Several wagons are parked along the street. Photo identified on back as ‘Bennett Avenue from Colorado Midland Terminal; hearses carry victims of Independence Depot bombing.”

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1212 seconds