Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP and its PTCIT

Date: 09/02/12 13:59
SP and its PTCIT
Author: RplusLJetService

This operation was a short one on the SP and even shorter as a UP train. Its the Swift roadrailers on the I-5 route seen here at Tehama, Ca. right at the time of the UP takeover.

Adam

Date: 09/03/12 00:44
Re: SP and its PTCIT
Author: SD40T-2

'Sure that one sounded nice.

Cheers! MARK

Date: 09/03/12 01:42
Author: Fizzboy7

Beautiful! Would have loved to have seen that train, but never got lucky.
No doubt all those "low-rider" Swift trailers are all retired by now or at least sold off to lesser companies.

Date: 09/03/12 08:37
Author: ButteStBrakeman

This was a great train to catch out of Bakersfield. It was fast, and the dispatcher usually had greens up for it. The only problem I ever had with the RoadRailer was at Lathrop one day. As we were crossing the diamond (SP/UP) at Lathrop, we went in to emergency. I started walking back doing my inspection and found an air hose with a small defect. small as in a small hole in it. We didn't carry spare 45' hoses (or whatever the length is) so I called the dispatcher and informed him of our problem. Just so happened the R/H forces at UP Stockton were monitoring the radio and came out to fix it. Only took about an hour and a half and we were on our way.

V

SLOCONDR

Date: 09/04/12 11:19
Author: groundrelay

It was a GREAT train to catch wether on the Highline or Stockton/Bakersfield Sub after BNSF got it; no slack at all, just notch 'er up and GO! ....Those were the days! Cheers, Fergie

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.141 seconds