Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Nostalgia & History > Interesting article about the Vert-A-Pac and the Vega

Date: 10/18/12 16:46
Interesting article about the Vert-A-Pac and the Vega
Author: davew833

Date: 10/18/12 17:12
Re: Interesting article about the Vert-A-Pac and the Ve
Author: Steamjocky

There was an article in the SP Historical Society magazine TRAINLINE a while back on the Vert-A-Pac cars. The current issue has an article about the Stac-Pac cars for Cadillacs.

JDE

Date: 10/18/12 17:25
Author: Notch16

Interesting, well-written, well-presented... and free of apparent or egregious errors about railroading or the topic at hand. Always like to see that, out there in the wide open web spaces! Especially when cross-discipline postings (about rail stuff by car enthusiasts, for example) so often contain inaccuracies that get chuckles from the buffs.

~ BZ

Date: 10/18/12 19:47
Author: icancmp193

I had a '74 Vega wagon. I wonder if they fit in the Vert-A-Pac too? I bought my Vega when I lived in Illinois, so it probably arrived at the dealers on a plain old truck. And for the curious, I did not have any of the typical Vega problesms, such as those with the aluminum block, but the QC on trim and such was miserable.

Tom Y

Date: 10/20/12 23:14
Author: Thomas

You mean your tennis shoe on your right foot never melted, and your body panels didn't rust all the way through within a year? Good for you. Bad for me.

Date: 10/21/12 08:25
Author: filmteknik

I may have told this story before but our local Ford dealer had an employee named Gil Vega so in fall 1970 when both the Pinto and Vega were introduced (1971 model year), they put up a big banner on the side of the dealership saying, VEGA SAYS "GO PINTO."

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds