Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Nostalgia & History > Who Would Have Known?

Date: 11/04/12 13:17
Who Would Have Known?
Author: RDG630

The first photo was taken in 1972 of RDG C630 #5308 teaming up with RDG GP30 #3613 on train BH13 passing R Tower at the west end of Allentown Yard,. In just three years the Reading would be absorbed into Conrail and eventually blue paint would replace the attractive green and yellow. I thought I had seen the last of my favorite railroad, the Reading. Fast forward to the 1990's and the reincarnation of both locomotives into their Reading look thanks to the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society (RCT&HS). The RCT&HS was able to operate several trips on the RBM&N as seen in these photos. GP30 #3613 wears the original second generation scheme and road number #5513.
Second photo passing the Hamburg, Pa station on the main line
Third at South Tamaqua on a photo freight special.

Date: 11/04/12 13:21
Re: Who Would Have Known?
Author: RDG630

Photo four at Pulpit Rock near Port Clinton
Fifth at Molino, Pa on the Little Schuylkill Branch
At Tamaqua, Pa

Date: 11/04/12 13:24
Author: RFandPFan

Very nice!

Date: 11/04/12 13:32
Author: SCL1517

Very nice indeed! How are those two units doing these days? Do they ever run?

Date: 11/04/12 16:55
Author: Milwaukee

Great story and photos to share. Thanks for that. What odds that those two would be saved, returned to their original colors, be operational, and team up again for the run you shared this many years later. Those folks there do fine work.

Date: 11/04/12 17:05
Author: m1bprr

Outstanding Dale!
Ed K.

Date: 11/04/12 17:09
Author: WrongMain

Congratulations to you on those beautiful photos and also congratulations to the people who did the restorations. Those locomotives are fantastic!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds