Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Nostalgia & History > Some Colorado Shots from a few years back

Date: 11/10/12 15:58
Some Colorado Shots from a few years back
Author: ns2557

Going thru some disc's of shots from over the years I found these and thought I might share them. Shot 1 shows a SB UP train in Sedalia Colo along the Joint Line. I believe this may be a Den-Pue Train tho not sure, but the power sure is old school, at least as far as the DRGW Paint is concerned. 2 of 3 Ex DRGW GP60's power this one with a still painted and lettered DRGW GP40-2 as an extra measure. The 1900 ex DRGW 3154 leads 3109 and UP 1901 ex DRGW 3155 on todays train. Taken in October 2006. They still look good even with the UP Patch applied to them. Shot 2 is in donwtown Canon City Colo along the ex DRGW Tenn Pass Line. SSW GP40-2M 7291 leads 7640 and UP 5245 on the Canon City Local. This train still runs today and still uses 4 axle power. The William Clark Plant at the west end of Canon City is the recipient of all that coal behind the power and the train runs 2 times a week. I believe the plant is still scheduled to shut down around years end, so if ya get a chance to catch this one nowadays, time is running out to do so. TFL Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/12 15:59 by ns2557.

Date: 11/11/12 08:39
Re: Some Colorado Shots from a few years back
Author: SP8595

Nice stuff Ben, how quickly it changes! I believe that the trio of Rio Grande engines are on the South local back when it used to go down to Sedalia, run around its train and then shove back South to the crossover's to get over on Main #2 for the trip back North into Denver.
If you looking closely, I think you can see the FRED hanging on the rear car which just moments ago was the head car. Hope this makes sense:}
Can't shoot them doing this move anymore as now they just run the wrong way down Main #1 from Blakeland to Littleton.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds