Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Nostalgia & History > DT&I at the pig farm

Date: 11/21/12 19:04
DT&I at the pig farm
Author: milfordgap

This was shot at Mill Junction behind the GE plant in Evandale, OH. The train is south bound having passed through Sharon yard and is turning off of the old Big Four onto the old PRR line to head down to the Southern or the L&N in 1977. There was a pig farm adjacent to this junction that made railfanning interesting, as did the GE plant security.

Date: 11/21/12 19:25
Re: DT&I at the pig farm
Author: JRP58

I miss those DT&I, days.
Nice Pic thanks for sharing .

Date: 11/22/12 04:43
Author: CGTower

Fantastic...my families railroad...wow...

CG Tower

Date: 11/22/12 07:01
Author: wintonplace

I remebered that pig farm at Mill

Steve

Date: 11/22/12 09:43
Author: penncentral74

Yeah. Old scary lookin' haunted house with a big porch. Guy that owned the house hated outsiders and would brandish a scattergun if you got too close. That house burned down and they built a modular home when most of the remnants of the farm disappeared. The road there was Jimson Road, and at one time ran all the way over to Reading at about the foot of Cooper Road.

Date: 11/22/12 19:11
Author: lee45174

I worked on a survey party of the Formica plant back in the 80's and discovered the "Pig Farm", as noted above, a great train watching spot. Back then we drove in alongside the trackage for Vaughn Yard which was still in place but not used except for a convoluted route used to service a siding into GE. Is it still possible to get to the pig farm and not be arrested?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds