Date: 12/09/12 00:28
Re: Ready power in Cheyenne
Author: Notch16

What a couple of great faces!

~ BZ

Date: 12/09/12 04:53
Author: santafe199

Classic UP scene from yester-year! Once upon a time Uncle Pete put up a neat & tidy appearance right down to that 2-tone, white & green shanty. What ever happened to the idea of dressing like a first-class railroad, especially engine paint? I guess there's no $$$$$ in the pride of looking neat & tidy anymore...

Lance

Date: 12/09/12 19:12
Author: SCL1517

That IS a great picture. Lance, you are spot on; I've never seen UP look shabbier than they do nowadays. As I've said here before, it seems that one paint shop for 8000 or so locomotives just isn't adequate. I'm a fan and a stockholder, just as a matter of disclosure, as I know there are those among us who will jump up to defend the concept of crappy looking power with statements like "paint doesn't make it pull better". At the end of the day though, if it looks like s**t, it is more apt to get treated like s**t, and John Q. Public DOES notice the rattiness. The fact that there are so many unrepainted SP rags 16 years after the merger says it all.

Date: 12/10/12 04:45
Author: 4-12-2

Thanks for sharing this great image. I'm going to guess 1963 or '64. Coal chute still in place.

John Bush
Omaha

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0742 seconds