Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Nostalgia & History > Two types of horsepower

Date: 12/11/12 05:15
Two types of horsepower
Author: Super_C

On September 20, 1996, Santa Fe 4001 East, S LACH2-19, climbs towards the Continental Divide at MP 134X on Santa Fe's Transcon in New Mexico. In addition to humans paying attention to the approaching stack train, so do a pair of Indian horses who have wandered inside the ROW fence.

Date: 12/11/12 05:22
Re: Two types of horsepower
Author: santafe199

Clever story, John! I guess we know which horse is a railfan?!?!
Lance

Date: 12/11/12 05:27
Author: TonyJ

And I bet the horse's favorite RR is the Norfolk Southern.

Date: 12/11/12 06:05
Author: Bob3985

Nice photo John.
It reminds me of a video I took on one of our return trips from Portland and I found a small pasture in western Idaho with some dairy cattle grazing next to the tracks. So I used this for my scene. Well as 3985 came roaring eastbound the cattle, of course, spooked and ran. Well, all except one who just stood there and watched the train go by and its head would swing back and forth following every car going by, This fellow was definitely a railfan cow. I had to struggle to keep from laughing out loud and get my voice on the video. I watched it again the other day and still get a good laugh out of it.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/11/12 06:48
Author: ATSF100WEST

John-

Beautiful shot! That happened to me at North Guam too - only they were a lot closer to the tracks. I was really concerned for their safety, but when the train came, they scampered back towards the property line. They were coffee brown horses in my event.

Take care my friend.

Bob

ATSF100WEST......Out

Date: 12/11/12 06:48
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice. What a variety of power Santa Fe gave us. Tough or impossible to find GP60's on a stack train today?
JB

Date: 12/11/12 08:07
Author: valmont

Great scene John, I always liked that part of the Transcon.

Date: 12/11/12 08:17
Author: WAF

Horse is saying.. "there goes the neighborhood"

Date: 12/12/12 10:19
Author: TedS-P

Cool shot sir, well done and thanks for sharing!

Ted S-P

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds